GEMTEC provided emergency geotechnical engineering support following a train derailment in Northern Ontario.
Our geotechnical support included the following:
- Borehole and test pit investigations for caisson, crane pad, and temporary causeway design
- Design recommendations for a temporary railway embankment over a 30-metre wide river
- Design recommendations for outrigger support of a 550 tonne crane over soft subgrade soils
- Design support for the rock-socketed caissons required for the bridge reconstruction
- Monitor stability of temporary causeway during service life
- Full-time construction support and inspection