Helping communities to prepare for the future is our goal. Clean, safe drinking water and the environmentally responsible management of waste water is the foundation of every healthy municipality.
- Water supply & distribution
- Pump station & force main design
- Wastewater collection & treatment
- Stormwater management
Sometimes you need to pull diverse pieces together to complete projects. GEMTEC has a dedicated group of civil engineers and technologists who specialize in this skill set. With in-house PMP designated project managers supported by technical specialists in all civil disciplines we can deliver complex projects. Put our project management group to work for you.
- Port infrastructure
- Commercial & industrial buildings
- Bridges & large culverts
- Renewable energy projects
- Mine infrastructure
GEMTEC has been an innovative partner in transportation infrastructure for nearly four decades. From wind farm road networks and retrofitting existing roads into active transportation corridors, to multi-lane highway projects, GEMTEC has the horsepower to keep you moving forward.
- Street and highway design
- Airport design
- Railway engineering
- Pavement design
- Traffic data collection and analysis
- Long combination vehicle (LCV) analysis
See related projects.
GEMTEC has been designing and managing solid waste facilities for nearly 40 years. From landfill siting and environmental permitting to detailed liner design and inspection, we have our clients covered. Quality assurance and quality control testing are integral components in our approach to solid waste management. Our depth of bench in regulatory permitting, materials testing, and infrastructure project management really set GEMTEC apart and help us provide practical, timely, and responsible solutions to solid waste management challenges.
- Landfill Siting
- Environmental and Regulatory Permitting
- Containment Cell Configuration and Design
- QA/QC Testing of Aggregates, Clay, and Geosynthetic Material
- Groundwater and Surface Water Monitoring
- Drainage and Sedimentation Pond Design
- Leachate Collection and Treatment
- Surface Emissions Measurement (SEM)
- Landfill Closure Assessments and Design
See related projects.
Our structural group consists of a highly dedicated team of professionals managing a wide variety of infrastructure projects. GEMTEC is known for innovative solutions on building, bridge, and marine projects. One of the keys to our success is maintaining a deep pool of professionals, as well as cross collaboration with supporting services such as geotechnical engineering and water resources. From building assessment reports through to marine engineering and major highway bridge designs, GEMTEC has it covered.
- Design and rehabilitation of highway, industrial, and pedestrian bridges
- Renewable energy design support
- Wharf & breakwater design and inspection
- Dredging & containment cell design
- Commercial, recreational, and industrial building design
GEMTEC's Water Resources Team has over 100 years of combined experience in hydrology and hydrotechnical and coastal engineering. Our staff routinely perform hydrotechnical designs for culverts, bridges, ports, and coastal infrastructure. From mine sites to municipalities, GEMTEC is here to responsibly convey water.
- Climate change risk assessments
- Coastal modelling
- Coastal and storm surge flood risk assessments
- Inland flood assessment and mapping
- Hydrotechnical design of culverts and bridges
- Water availability studies
- Embankment seepage and stability analyses
- Ice engineering
- Stormwater management and drainage assessments
See related projects.
Our Municipal & Asset Management division focuses on supporting Local Government entities across Canada with specialized services tailored to their needs. The team is led by professionals with decades of experience in the municipal sector, often as senior executives. These staﬀ members have been active in various professional associations and have played leadership roles with the Canadian Association of Municipal Administrators (CAMA), the International City/County Management Association (ICMA), as well as the Association of Municipal Administrators of New Brunswick (AMANB).
- Strategic planning, administrative consultation, and policy reviews
- Financial modelling based on revenue projections, the asset management plan, as well as Council priorities
- Implementing GIS and ongoing maintenance of the GIS data
- Impact of climate change with digital modeling
- Asset Management (Assets inventory, condition and risk analysis, life cycle cost analysis)
- Pathfinding for funding opportunities from various levels of government