GEMTEC conducted geotechnical investigations for 54 structures and 100 kms of grading for construction of the Trans Canada Highway, between Woodstock and Grand Falls, New Brunswick.
Project highlights include:
- 340 boreholes, over 1000 test pits, 56 piezocones, and all associated laboratory testing and reporting in a 3-month timeframe
- Geotechnical consulting services throughout design and construction
- Construction and monitoring services, including extensive field testing
- Dynamic pile testing on over 1000 deep-foundation elements using a Pile Driving Analyzer (PDA)
- Geometric design for a 20-km section of the highway